One month ago, I began to write a list of places where students and backpackers can find affordable food and clothes in Cardiff. It can also be helpful for those who come to Wales and don’t have a big budget or don’t want to spend loads of money.
- The Little Man Coffee: Ivor House, Bridge Street
- Vega Print: 47 City Road
- Wally’s Delicatessen: 38-46 Royal Arcade
- Cardiff Market
- St. David’s Hall: they do discounts to students
- Wales Millennium Centre
- Chapter: The Chapter Student Card gives you discounts in their cafeteria
- Cathays Cemetery: one of the largest Victorian cemeteries in the U.K.
- Bute Park
- Sherman Theatre: it’s only 10 minutes away from Cathays Train Station
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama: every Friday they play jazz. It’s free.
- Caerphilly Castle: It is only 30 minutes by train from Cardiff
- Roath Park: the boat ride is only 6.50 quid for two people
- Cardiff Castle: get your key to the castle for only 5 quid
- Riverhouse Backpackers: free breakfast included
If you have some extra cash, I strongly recommend these places:
- Bella Italia: 6 High St.
- Barker Tea House: 8-12 High Street Arcade
- We are fed (buffet): Mary Ann St
- Kaspas Ice-Cream
- Cath Kidston Store: her design and style is AMAZING
- Viva Brazil: 4 meat meal and salad for only 9.95 quid
- Ed’s diner gives you a chicken, veggetarian or beef burger for free after your first visit.
- In Bella Italia, you can get a free pizza bread if you answer an online survey
- In Pizza Express you can eat 2 courses (one starter and one main course) for only 11.95 pounds
- We love Italy makes 10% discout to students.
- The Grazing Shed has a students meal which include a beef burger, fries and bottomless drink.
- Café Jazz has concerts almost every night and the fee entry for students is only 2 quid.
- Be sure to get your discount card for the bus (National Express) and the train. You will save a lot money in transportation.
- In CineWorld and Premiere Cinemas you pay 3 quid with your student card
I will be updating this list regularly, so stay tuned!